8-9 June 2012, St Mary’s College
The 2nd St Andrews Graduate Conference for Biblical and Early Christian Studies is aimed at graduate students and early career scholars. Contributors are welcomed from the following fields of research: Old Testament / Hebrew Bible, Pseudepigrapha & Dead Sea Scrolls, New Testament, and Early Christianity.
- Prof. Kristin De Troyer (St Andrews)
- Dr. Johannes Magliano-Tromp (Leiden)
- Dr. Peter M. Head (Cambridge)
- Prof. Karla Pollmann (St Andrews),
In addition, we will also have a special invited lecture from Dr. Grant Macaskill (St Andrews), on his edition of the Slavonic text of 2 Enoch.
Conference sessions will be chaired by plenary speakers followed by papers grouped by topic.
Deadline for sending 250-word paper proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org is 20 March 2012. Papers will be 20 minutes long.
Possible topics include (but are not limited to):
- Scribal habits
- Issues in dating manuscripts
- Manuscript identification
- Variants and their relevance
- Manuscripts as historical artefacts
- The relevance of Patristics for the biblical text
It is intended that selected papers will be published in a proceedings volume.